Recently I was reading in one of my 27 books. Yes I am trying to read them all at once. No really, a little of this one and little that one. Just don't ask me what I read! Hahahha! Anyways, this one book I am reading is called The New Relationship Marketing by Mari Smith. She wrote something that just resonated with me so very much. It was a list of traits a True friend should be and you should be in return. Short and sweet but here it is.....words, sentences, feelings, bullet points to ponder! XO Carrie
- You feel comfortable confiding your innermost secrets to them.
- If ever the need arose, you would loan money to and/or borrow money from these friends
- If you were ever in the hospital, these would be the friends who would come and visit you and vice versa
- You trust these friends to look after your home and your children whenever necessary
- You could call any of these friends in the middle of the night in case of an emergency
- Any of these friends would happily drop you off and pick you up at the airport
- You connect with these friends regularly
- You often spend holidays together with these friends
Now obviously if you live far apart some of this doesn't work but if you did you know they would be there right?
I can say apart from my mom and sister....the one I know is my truest, bestist (I made that word up) friend in the entire world is Sandie. We have been BFF's since we were 11 yrs old! Been through alot together and apart. Moved faraway, didn't talk, got back in touch and yet through it all we are still those two 11 year old girls singing as we petal our bikes down the street! Love you San! XO Carrie